ADF Software Product
ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN
The vivlabs ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN delivers rapid integration of automatic differentiation capability to your new and existing applications on all operating system platforms. ADF automatically exploits the sparsity within your equation matrices, which leads to winning performance for both small, large and extremely large applications.
Software compiled using the vivlabs ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN benefits from advanced usability and performance features:
- Generation of machine-precision, accurate, automatic first- and second-order derivatives, which cannot be achieved with finite difference techniques.
- Compliance with the new FORTRAN 90/95 standards allows automatic differentiation of code that utilizes FORTRAN 90 vector and array capabilities.
- Recognition of the latest FORTRAN 95 language features (e.g., forall, elemental, pure, where), including all intrinsic functions.
- Detection and error control of non-differentiable situations enable you to analyze and avoid critical convergence problems early in the design phase.
- Utility subroutines and functions for easy generation of Jacobian and Hessian matrices and for controlling the automatic differentiation process.
New in Release 4.0
The new features in this release let you to go further with minimum effort, getting the most out of Automatic Differentiation:
- Highly efficient second-order derivative generation, featuring:
- built-in sparsity control,
- new and easy to use utility functions,
- performance and memory optimizations.
- Additional example programs that help utilizing ADF even more efficiently.
The vivlabs ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN delivers exceptional performance, usability, and business advantages to a wide variety of R&D teams and applications:
- Kinetic Modeling
- Chemical, Nuclear and Fusion Reaction Networks
- Electrical Engineering
- Optimization and Control
- Minimization and Automation
- Computational Analysis in the Finance Sector
The vivlabs ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN is fully compliant with the FORTRAN 90/95 standards, more specifically to ISO/IEC 1539-1997. Compliance and compatibility is maintained in four different areas:
- Standards compliance of the ADF software
- Automatic Differentiation capability of all built-in functions, routines and operations defined in FORTRAN 77/90/95
- Interoperability on different operating system platforms
- Functional Compatibility to ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++, Version 4.0
A standard compliant FORTRAN 90/95 compiler is required in order to develop applications with vivlabs ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN. Starting with Version 4.0, FORTRAN preprocessor capability is needed which is a standard feature in most FORTRAN compilers available today.