ADC Software Product
ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++
The vivlabs ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++ delivers rapid integration of automatic differentiation capability to your new and existing applications on all operating system platforms. ADC automatically exploits the sparsity within your equation matrices, which leads to winning performance for both small, large and extremely large applications.
Software compiled using the vivlabs ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++ benefits from advanced usability and performance features:
- Generation of machine-precision, accurate, automatic first- and second-order derivatives, which cannot be achieved with finite difference techniques.
- Compliance with ISO/IEC 14882 standards allows automatic differentiation of code containing all mathematical functions present in cmath (math.h).
- Detection and error control of non-differentiable situations enable you to analyze and avoid critical convergence problems early in the design phase.
- Utility subroutines and functions for easy generation of Jacobian and Hessian matrices and for controlling the automatic differentiation process.
New in Release 4.0
The new features in this release let you to go further with minimum effort, getting the most out of Automatic Differentiation:
- Highly efficient second-order derivative generation, featuring:
- built-in sparsity control,
- new and easy to use utility functions,
- performance and memory optimizations.
- Additional example programs that help utilizing ADC even more efficiently.
The vivlabs ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++ delivers exceptional performance, usability, and business advantages to a wide variety of R&D teams and applications:
- Kinetic Modeling
- Chemical, Nuclear and Fusion Reaction Networks
- Electrical Engineering
- Optimization and Control
- Minimization and Automation
- Computational Analysis in the Finance Sector
The vivlabs ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++ is fully compliant with the ISO/IEC 14882:1998 and ISO/IEC 14882:2003 standards. Compliance and compatibility is maintained in four different areas:
- Standards compliance of the ADC software
- Automatic Differentiation capability of functions, routines and operations defined in standard cmath (math.h)
- Interoperability on different operating system platforms
- Functional compatibility to ADF Automatic Differentiation Software for FORTRAN, Version 4.0
A standard compliant C++ compiler is required in order to develop applications with vivlabs ADC Automatic Differentiation Software for C/C++.